NZ Beds Product Warranty Info
New Zealand Bed Company Ltd beds are designed and built to the highest standards, and we do not expect you to experience any issues. We offer 5-10-year limited warranties on mattresses and accessories against defects due to faulty materials or workmanship starting from the date of purchase. During this period if New Zealand Bed Company is satisfied that the materials or workmanship are faulty, we will repair or replace the products at our discretion. Please note that a normal body needs 3 – 4 weeks to adjust to a new mattress, especially if a person is replacing a mattress after long use.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Broken or loose support elements.
Wires that are loose, broken, or protruding through the fabric.
Body indentations of over 35mm.
Loose grid top.
- The warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear, or damage caused by abuse, misuse, or negligence.
- NZ Beds reserves the right to refuse to service a mattress when it is found to be in an unsanitary condition or when product failures are found to be due to factors other than faulty workmanship or materials.
- NZ Beds advises that a mattress protector be used at all times. Under Health & Safety guidelines, the warranty is void if there are any stains on the mattress.
- NZ Beds reserves the right to substitute alternative/identical materials if the original is no longer available.
- Any defect in the fabric should be brought to the notice of the retailer within two weeks of purchase. Beyond this, the fabric warranty will not be eligible as it would be considered “wear and tear”.
PLEASE NOTE: This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser from the original purchase date of the mattress and is non-transferable. The “original purchaser,” for the purposes of this Warranty, is the first purchaser of the Mattress from New Zealand Bed Company Ltd. Please retain a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase and ownership. If the original purchaser sells or otherwise relinquishes ownership of the mattress to another, this Warranty is terminated, and the subsequent owner accepts the product “as is” and “with all faults.”
THE WARRANTY COVERS:
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the support elements, such as the foam, to evidently degrade, split, or crack despite normal usage and proper handling.
- Any wires that are loose, broken, or protruding through the fabric
- Visible indentations greater than 35mm that are not associated with an indentation or sag resulting from the use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or bed base. (NOTE: To avoid creating lumps in your mattress, rotate it regularly and ensure you use the whole surface area of the mattress as often as possible)
- Loose grid top
- Any defect in the fabric within the first two weeks of purchase
- Any manufacturing defect in the assembly of the Mattress.
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Defects caused by physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains
- Defects caused by the use of any cover, foundation, frame, or bed top products such as comforters, sheets, electric blankets, pillows, and other accessories.
- Any damage to the mattress due to abuse, misuse, or negligence
- Any defect in the fabric that was not brought to attention within 2 weeks of purchase. Anything beyond this time frame will be considered wear and tear.
- Normal body indentations of up to 35mm, anything below the specified measurement is a normal movement of the foams. (NOTE: To avoid creating lumps in your mattress, rotate it regularly and ensure you use the whole surface area of the mattress as often as possible)
- Damage or comfort issues due to improper or unsupportive bed base.
- A normal increase in the softness of the foams which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress.
- Change in comfort.
- Damaged edge supports due to a mattress not being transported flat or vertically.
CARE & MAINTAINANCE
Any wear and tear/abuse done to the mattress is not covered under the warranty. To avoid this, follow these care instructions to keep your mattress healthy and clean.
- Do not jump on the mattress or try to fold it as this will damage the springs.
- Always use a mattress protector to keep it stain-free, clean, and dry
- Use a base that is suited for the mattress, any damage due to a faulty base will void the warranty.
- Air the mattress for a few hours occasionally by removing all bedding. This will keep the mattress dry.
- Rotate your mattress every two months, this is essential to ensure uniformity. (Also try to use the whole surface area of the mattress to avoid any lumps)
- Do not saturate the mattress fabric with water or any other cleaning liquid.
- Never eat or smoke on your bed.
- Children should not play with any tags or other accessories on the mattress.
- Do not lift the mattress using side handles (where applicable) they are just to aid rotation and are not suited to hold the full weight of the mattress.
- Check your base’s legs or castors regularly, tighten them if they are loose,
- Choose the right pillow to sleep with that compliments your sleeping position, the wrong choice will adversely affect your sleeping comfort.
- Do not lift the mattress by yourself as it could result in injury.
Slumberzone NZ Ltd Bases are protected with a limited warranty of 5 years from the original date of purchase.
THE WARRANTY COVERS
- Any manufacturing defect in the assembly and workmanship of the base
- Any physical flaw in the base that causes the wood to evidently degrade, split, or crack despite normal usage and proper handling.
- Any defect in the fabric if brought to attention within 2 weeks of purchase, anything after this specified time will be considered normal wear and tear.
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Any damage due to environmental causes. Any product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, or used for anything other than its intended purposes.
- Defects caused by physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material. Including but not limited to burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains.
- Defects caused by any use of accessory.
- Products sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the Product is not “new” or of “first quality” or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Our bases are constructed using New Zealand Pine, please keep the base dry and away from direct heat or moisture.
- Maintain the covering fabric with regular use of a lint remover/cleaner.
New Zealand Bed Company Ltd Headboards are protected with a limited warranty of 24 months on the frame and & 6 months on the Fabric.
WHAT THE WARRANTY COVERS:
- Any manufacturing defect in the materials or workmanship of the headboard frame that has been used for normal domestic purposes.
- Any fault in the fabric due to a defect in the materials or workmanship. In the case of any fault in stitching, please notify the retailer in the first two weeks of purchase as a stitching issue beyond 2 weeks would be considered regular “wear and tear”.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Broken headboard frame due to mishandling or misuse.
- Anything considered wear and tear, such as minor scuffing or fading or threads pulling from use over time.
- Stitching issues reported after 2 weeks of purchase.
- Stains/cuts/ lint formation on fabric.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
- Lift the headboard with care. Do not try to lift a headboard all by yourself as it may result in an injury.
- Always clamp the headboard properly with the bed base or the wall (as applicable) as a loose headboard may fall and cause injuries.
- Maintain the fabric or other covering material by regular use of lint remover/cleaner.
FOR MATTRESSES / BASES SOLD AS FLOOR MODEL
WARRANTY NOT APPLICABLE FOR:
- Any fabric damage or stains at the time of purchase.
- Any other notified fault at the time of purchase
FOR TRUNDLER BRIDGE
Maximum weight limit: 80 Kg
Breakages are not covered after 3 months of purchase.
We provide a period of 14 days after purchase to return any accessories deemed defective or unwanted. For health and safety reasons the products must be unused and left in their original packaging.
New Zealand Bed Company Ltd does not have a warranty for accessories. The term “accessories” for these purposes covers pillows, bedsheets, duvets, mattress protectors, and mattress toppers. You are however protected under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
To make a warranty claim you must be able to provide proof of purchase, including purchase date, and be the original purchaser.
- Contact the store where you purchased the products from online OR the nearest NZ Beds retailer with details of the mattress fault. Contact NZ Beds at email@example.com if you are unable to locate the nearest retailer.
- The retailer may ask you for some pictures of the faulty product where the fault is visible. The retailer may also request an appointment to get the mattress inspected (if required).
- NZ Beds provides a return-to-base warranty which means that transportation costs are the responsibility of the purchaser. However, if a fault is detected within the first year of purchase, the freight liability will be of the manufacturer. The customer may use the services of the retailer for free transportation or use a manufacturer-authorized freight carrier and the freight cost would be reimbursed.
- An incorrect choice of mattress does not constitute a manufacturing fault. Customers are advised to claim comfort issues directly with retailers based on their sales policy.
- After the product has been inspected at NZ Beds and the fault is certified to be caused by faulty workmanship or materials, we will repair or replace your product at our discretion.
Replacement of material under warranty could be limited to the faulty component and not for the whole product.